PokeBattleCenter
Please Log In.
PokeBattleCenter
Please Log In.
PokeBattleCenter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PokeBattleCenter

New forums http://pokebattlecenter.b1.jcink.com/index.php?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Spike and destroy - An OU RMT

Go down 
+5
Mmdnr111
DM_Uchiha
Big WuMpa
DoomX
pokechamp09
9 posters
AuthorMessage
pokechamp09
pokechamp09

PokéPoints : 15932

Spike and destroy - An OU RMT Empty
PostSubject: Spike and destroy - An OU RMT   Spike and destroy - An OU RMT EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 4:44 pm

Spike and destroy!
Team overview

Spike and destroy - An OU RMT 468 Spike and destroy - An OU RMT 477 Spike and destroy - An OU RMT 344 Spike and destroy - An OU RMT 392 Spike and destroy - An OU RMT 227 Spike and destroy - An OU RMT 212

Overview
The teams main abjective is to get as much spikes as early on in the game. Spikes helps put pressure on the opponent and forcing the switch is always annoying for them. SR support and toxic also helps ware down their pokes to finish off with one of my main sweepers

The team isself

Spike and destroy - An OU RMT 468
Name:Togekiss
EVs:252 Sp Atk 252 Spd
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Timid
Moves: Tri Attack, Air Slash, Fire Blast, Aura Sphere

Lead kiss can counter a good number of leads with scarf and the selection of moves. Kiss is a master of hax, tough ituations call for cheap air slashing. Tri attack is it's strongest move and has a good chance of statusing a poke. Fire blast and aura aphere round off the set to give more coverage

Spike and destroy - An OU RMT 477
Name:Dusknoir
EVs:252 HP 252 Sp Def
Item:Leftovers
Ability:Pressure
Nature:Careful
Moves: Toxic, Earthquake, Thunderpunch, Pain Split

Specially bulky noir allows me to counter some of the main special threats in the game, main one being latias. Toxic anything that's not steel or posion and stall with pain split. EQ hits tran when it comes in and T punch helps to ware down gyra and flying types.

Spike and destroy - An OU RMT 344
Name:Claydol
EVs: 252 HP, 144 Def, 114 Sp Atk
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Bold
Moves: Earth Power, Ice beam, Stealth Rock, Reflect

If there's one thing claydol does well is getting mence out of the way with ice beam. If he's not doing that, he;s setting up entry hazzards and reflects to support the team. There is no need for spin on this set, most pokes bar kiss take neutral from it.

Spike and destroy - An OU RMT 392
Name: Infernape
EVs: 252 Atk, 64 Sp Atk, 192 Spd
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Naive
Moves: Close Combat, U Turn, Stone Edge, Overheat

Ape is the main sweeping threat. After spikes are set up, it'll help ware down some of apes main threats such as pert. Anything that takes physical attacks or is just weak to fire gets a blast of overheat. U turn is great to get the switch control on something that fears ape and also goes well with spikes

Spike and destroy - An OU RMT 227
Name: Skarmory
EVs: 252 Def 252 HP
Ability: Keen Eye
Nature: Impish
Moves: Spikes, Whirlwind, Roost, Brave Bird.

The key pokemon to my team. Setting up as many layers of spikes is important for the late game sweep. Along with that, it comes with phase move whirlwind to get rid of anything setting up. Roost makes it stay for longer and brave bird kills weak pokes that suffered damage from spikes/toxic/SR.

Spike and destroy - An OU RMT 212
Name: Scizor
EVs: 252 HP 252 Atk
Item: Choice Band
Ability: Technition
Nature: Adamant
Moves: Bullet Punch, U Turn, Superpower, Pursuit

Scizor rounds off the team nicely. It loves entry hazzards espically spikes. It can devistate pokes with BP after their health has been stripped from them. U turn Works well, as i said with ape, forcing the opponent to switch into a counter while I get a switch advantage. Then finally, I can trap weak pokes with pursuit if they have taken large damage from entry hazards.

So, rate, hate and steal.
Back to top Go down
DoomX
Dark
Dark
DoomX

PokéPoints : 15683

PostSubject: Re: Spike and destroy - An OU RMT   Spike and destroy - An OU RMT EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 6:35 pm

Porygon2 can help your team a bit better imo, I would switch it with dusknoir. Scizor can already take down a Latias. Breloom instead of Claydol took take down those cunes, but nice team.
Back to top Go down
Big WuMpa
Admin
Admin
Big WuMpa

PokéPoints : 15724

PostSubject: Re: Spike and destroy - An OU RMT   Spike and destroy - An OU RMT EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 6:54 pm

Since You rely on skarmory a lot for this team, I would suggest giving it shed shell as a hold item. If you leave leftovers on skarmory magnezone gains the chance to easily dispose of it. Magnezone can also kill your scizor quite easily if it catches you on the pursuit, bp, or if it outspeeds you when you superpower. Obviously you should keep the CB on scizor but my point is that shed shell on skarmory will lower your teams overall magnezone weakness.
Doom mentioned that a p2 could help your team, which is funny because it fits here. P2 can trace magnezone magnet pull, which could give you the chance to set up on it or kill it if your packing some kind of hidden power.
Back to top Go down
pokechamp09
pokechamp09

PostSubject: Re: Spike and destroy - An OU RMT   Spike and destroy - An OU RMT EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 7:26 pm

It's possible that I could replace p2 with something. The problem is replacing it with what. If I replace it with noir, I have no reliable protection against sp attackers. If I replace it with claydol, I loose my SRer.
Back to top Go down
DM_Uchiha
Admin
Admin
DM_Uchiha

Rock Badge
PokéPoints : 15786

PostSubject: Re: Spike and destroy - An OU RMT   Spike and destroy - An OU RMT EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 8:05 pm

why not try it to replace it for kiss? p2 is just as bulky tbh only thing that kiss got on p2 is grace and a little better move pool and p2 still provides you with standard twave or toxic support plus bolt beam catches gyra and salamence and counters them both in one set.
Back to top Go down
https://pokebattlecenter.forumotion.net
pokechamp09
pokechamp09

PostSubject: Re: Spike and destroy - An OU RMT   Spike and destroy - An OU RMT EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 8:08 pm

problem is, my team gets unbalanced once again with the lack of a good special sweeper. Out of all the switches though, it was the best one tbh. Back to testing.
Back to top Go down
DM_Uchiha
Admin
Admin
DM_Uchiha

Rock Badge
PokéPoints : 15786

PostSubject: Re: Spike and destroy - An OU RMT   Spike and destroy - An OU RMT EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 8:22 pm

yea i see what you mean . kinda complicated one you might need to rebuild from scratch its a option i supose.
Back to top Go down
https://pokebattlecenter.forumotion.net
Mmdnr111
Dark
Dark
Mmdnr111

PokéPoints : 15675

PostSubject: Re: Spike and destroy - An OU RMT   Spike and destroy - An OU RMT EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 7:04 am

k few suggestions: swap togekiss for scarfed latias (as it will allow you to succesfully revenge kill thingslike gyara/mence, who can easily rape ur team when dusknoir has low health/is dead).
Not only that but helps get rid of ur tran weakness

Also use lead swampert instead of claydol, it does the same things as laydol (cover skarms weaknesess) but 10x better.
it will also provide good coverage as a lead, etc, someone leads with meta, u gtfo to skarm/dusk and so on.

last thing: make scizor a sd zor, as you are running spikes AND sr, sd zor has the potential to sweep entire teams if the are weak enough, and with the amount of entry hazards ur running, that is a likely thing.
Back to top Go down
PokeBitch67
PokeBitch67

Fire Badge
PokéPoints : 15747

PostSubject: Re: Spike and destroy - An OU RMT   Spike and destroy - An OU RMT EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 1:55 pm

This is one of those teams that look good, but won't do well. Let me break it down:

Togekiss: Good idea in the most part, but fire blast is useless. Since its only for scizor, maybe forretress, but no one will leave those in on a kiss anyway. Give it trick instead of fire blast.

Skarm: This is kinda out there, but I can see what you're saying. As Wumpz said, magnezone illegally rapes you anally, most sub/charge beam. I would give it shed shell. And drill peck, not brave bird.

Claydol: I wouldnt put reflect on it, maybe use explosion or protect or something, but reflect is kinda useless since all of your walls are mostly physical. And thats another problem, when your dusknoir dies, you lose to zapdos.

Dusknoir: raped by celebi, gliscor, every grass, flygon, mence, and about everything else. Not a good set, use ice punch, not tpunch. Then you would need another gyarados counter, but idc, figure it out.

Nape: Shut the hell up.

SCizor: Kinda useless since this is a stall team. ANd I know what you were thinking: "I bet after i get all the spikes and sr and after i toxic everyone, bp will kill allll" That will never happen, ever, fornever.

6/10
Back to top Go down
iRobo
iRobo

PokéPoints : 15978

PostSubject: Re: Spike and destroy - An OU RMT   Spike and destroy - An OU RMT EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 2:11 pm

I miss the days where they had WOW on dusknoir, and lead togekiss wasn't scarfed.

Take the fucking scarf off of kiss and take use of its hax. Thunderwave airslash combo works much better. Take off tri-attack. Trust me.

Also, I would have shed skin for magnezone. Otherwise, looks pretty solid..
Back to top Go down
pokechamp09
pokechamp09

PostSubject: Re: Spike and destroy - An OU RMT   Spike and destroy - An OU RMT EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 1:08 pm

iRobo wrote:
I miss the days where they had WOW on dusknoir, and lead togekiss wasn't scarfed.

Take the fucking scarf off of kiss and take use of its hax. Thunderwave airslash combo works much better. Take off tri-attack. Trust me.

Also, I would have shed skin for magnezone. Otherwise, looks pretty solid..
I was trying to use a surprise factor when I disegned my noir. Most people nowadays expect the damn thing to be physically bulky, so adding sp def evs to make it a special wall gives me a chance to surprise a latias and pain split after it attacked me.

WoW helps me in some places, I've actually considered to make it dual status to give me a better edge over physical sweepers most notably dusknoir. The EQs can deal with steels and ape.

Considering extra leftovers gain would be better, your right in saying that shed shell is the overall better choice with zones running around. This is an old team, and I based it on what I saw during that time in the meta. I didn't actually see so many zones running about.
Back to top Go down
Green13
Admin
Admin
Green13

Dragon Badge
PokéPoints : 16084

PostSubject: Re: Spike and destroy - An OU RMT   Spike and destroy - An OU RMT EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 3:59 pm

Changes in red

Spike and destroy - An OU RMT 468
Name:Togekiss
EVs:252 Sp Atk 252 Spd
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Timid
Moves: Trick, Air Slash, Tri Attack, Aura Sphere

Fireblast is a good move to have but I believe Trick would work better for your team especially if your using Togekiss as your lead. It allows you to immediatly upset your opponants team. Blissey is a common switch in for Togekiss and although your team doesnt have trouble taking it out, it does have problems safely switching in to the potential Thunder Wave, so getting the Scarf on it could be fatal for your opponant.

Lead kiss can counter a good number of leads with scarf and the selection of moves. Kiss is a master of hax, tough ituations call for cheap air slashing. Tri attack is it's strongest move and has a good chance of statusing a poke. Fire blast and aura aphere round off the set to give more coverage

Spike and destroy - An OU RMT 477
Name:Dusknoir
EVs:252 HP 252 Sp Def
Item:Leftovers
Ability:Pressure
Nature:Careful
Moves: Will-o-Wisp, Earthquake, Thunderpunch, Pain Split

Will-o-Wisp allows you to cripple physical switch ins which is more useful since you are SpDef based. Also works well partnered with Earthquake since once your opponant knows you W-o-W they will switch to heatran, you can catch they out with EQ,

Specially bulky noir allows me to counter some of the main special threats in the game, main one being latias. Toxic anything that's not steel or posion and stall with pain split. EQ hits tran when it comes in and T punch helps to ware down gyra and flying types.

Spike and destroy - An OU RMT 344
Name:Claydol
EVs: 252 HP, 144 Def, 114 Sp Atk
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Bold
Moves: Earth Power, Ice beam, Stealth Rock, Rapid Spin

Although Reflect give good support to your team, Rapid Spin would be more useful for getting rid of Stealth Rocks.

If there's one thing claydol does well is getting mence out of the way with ice beam. If he's not doing that, he;s setting up entry hazzards and reflects to support the team. There is no need for spin on this set, most pokes bar kiss take neutral from it.

Spike and destroy - An OU RMT 392
Name: Infernape
EVs: 64 Atk, 252 Sp Atk, 192 Spd
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Naive
Moves: Close Combat, Flamethrower, Grass Knot, Hiden Power [ice]

MixApe would benefit your team more since once Togekiss is out of the picture you lack Special sweeping capability. Grass Knot can be used to take down Swampert since you have nothing on this team to safely take it out. Hidden Power is a nice choice for dragons like Salamence who are caught off guard.

Ape is the main sweeping threat. After spikes are set up, it'll help ware down some of apes main threats such as pert. Anything that takes physical attacks or is just weak to fire gets a blast of overheat. U turn is great to get the switch control on something that fears ape and also goes well with spikes

Spike and destroy - An OU RMT 227
Name: Skarmory
EVs: 252 Def 252 HP
Item: Shed Shell
Ability: Keen Eye
Nature: Impish
Moves: Spikes, Whirlwind, Roost, Brave Bird.

Scarf Magnezone can cause problems for your team. You rely alot of Skarm so Shed Shell would be the better option.

The key pokemon to my team. Setting up as many layers of spikes is important for the late game sweep. Along with that, it comes with phase move whirlwind to get rid of anything setting up. Roost makes it stay for longer and brave bird kills weak pokes that suffered damage from spikes/toxic/SR.

Spike and destroy - An OU RMT 212
Name: Scizor
EVs: 252 HP 252 Atk
Item: Choice Band
Ability: Technition
Nature: Adamant
Moves: Bullet Punch, U Turn, Superpower, Pursuit

Scizor rounds off the team nicely. It loves entry hazzards espically spikes. It can devistate pokes with BP after their health has been stripped from them. U turn Works well, as i said with ape, forcing the opponent to switch into a counter while I get a switch advantage. Then finally, I can trap weak pokes with pursuit if they have taken large damage from entry hazards.
Back to top Go down
Nublet
New Kid
New Kid

PokéPoints : 15675

PostSubject: Re: Spike and destroy - An OU RMT   Spike and destroy - An OU RMT EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 2:01 am

Starmie sweeps your entire team. Along with DD Taunt Gyara.

To fix this switch the roles of Infernape and Togekiss, make Togekiss a wall variant, and give Infernape the Scarf and Make it Physical, and run U-Turn and Stone Edge. Smile

You're also weak to...

SD Luc
DD Mence
Mix Ape w/ more speed then you

You're team doesn't seem well constructed at all if you can't defend your self from standard OU threats. I would scrap the team and completely start over... sorry if I sound like a jack ass.
Back to top Go down
Green13
Admin
Admin
Green13

Dragon Badge
PokéPoints : 16084

PostSubject: Re: Spike and destroy - An OU RMT   Spike and destroy - An OU RMT EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 9:25 am

Nublet wrote:
Starmie sweeps your entire team. Along with DD Taunt Gyara.

To fix this switch the roles of Infernape and Togekiss, make Togekiss a wall variant, and give Infernape the Scarf and Make it Physical, and run U-Turn and Stone Edge. Smile

You're also weak to...

SD Luc
DD Mence
Mix Ape w/ more speed then you

You're team doesn't seem well constructed at all if you can't defend your self from standard OU threats. I would scrap the team and completely start over... sorry if I sound like a jack ass.

Dusknoir easily counters mixape, and if not scarf togekiss can be brought in to revenge kill.
You're pretty much right about everything else though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spike and destroy - An OU RMT   Spike and destroy - An OU RMT Empty

Back to top Go down

Spike and destroy - An OU RMT
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PokeBattleCenter :: General Pokemon :: Rate My Team (RMT)-
Jump to: